JLL, as exclusive advisor, is pleased to present the Innovation Technology Park Data Center, located at 11101 University Boulevard in Manassas, Virginia. Situated within a 1,500-acre university-anchored research park, the offering comprises a 104,655 square foot, single-story office asset previously utilized by Comcast as both office space and IT technical support. Comcast vacated the property in early 2020 as it was deemed surplus to their operations, and is being offered vacant on an as-is basis. Located on an under-utilized 17.7 acre parcel, the property represents a significant repositioning opportunity for savvy investors, being situated in the highest performing data center market in the world.
Interested investors have the rare opportunity to buy in to a Comcast legacy asset at a low price point, realize the inherent repositioning potential, and effectively capture the immense demand for data center product in the top data center market in the world.
- Significant development potential - The Property sits on over 17 acres with excess land available to expand the building to over 208,000 square feet.
- Premier technological business park location - Innovation Technology Park is positioned within Prince William County’s Data Center Opportunity Zone Overlay District, a 10,000 acre area designated for data center development. Over 5.2 million square feet of data center space has been developed in Prince William County since 2000, and the County has invested $9.0 billion toward data center infrastructure during that period.
- Adjacent to the planned Innovation Town Center - Designed to be the future center of the community, the Innovation Town Center is an in progress, 150-acre mixed use development featuring 1,100+ residential units, 200,000+ SF of retail with up to 4 anchor businesses, 200,000+ SF of office space, and a 125-room hotel.
- Top Global Data Center Market - Widely regarded as the epicenter of internet activities, Northern Virginia is the largest, most dynamic data center market in the world. Not only does Northern Virginia boast the largest inventory of data center space globally, the market accounts for approximately 60% of overall demand for data centers in North America.
- Foremost Data Center Location – As an established data center market for nearly all federal government agencies as well as numerous Fortune 500 corporations, the Northern Virginia data center market is the largest in the world with nearly 1,600 MW of power supply. Despite being the largest, the market continues to see the highest rates of construction and absorption.
- Increasing Data Center Demand – Demand for data centers has increased dramatically as data-heavy technology continues to drive business across all industries. In particular, the demand for data center space in the Northern Virginia data center market continues to outpace all other global data center markets.