The property is a purpose-built, brick, solus retail warehouse, constructed in 1986. The unit extends to 43,386 sq ft, on a 2.9-acre plot with 189 parking spaces (ratio of 1:230 sq ft). The unit is let to Homebase (HHGL Limited), who have been in occupation since 1992. Homebase lease the space in its entirety and have recently undertaken refurbishments to the store to include new showrooms and home furnishing offerings.
Customer access is derived from Jockey Road (B4149). There is a service yard to the east of the property, accessed through the customer car park.
The property has a clear internal height of 6.54m, an internal eave height of 5.59m and a height to underside of roof of 8.2m.
· Sutton Coldfield is a growing, commuter town in the West Midlands, 8 miles north-east of Birmingham.
· Large catchment population of 848,584 people within 20 minutes’ drive time from the property.
· Prominently situated, fronting onto the A452 and B4149, both main arterial roads through Sutton Coldfield.
· Purpose built retail warehouse, opposite a Tesco Extra, adjacent to an Aldi supermarket and in proximity of Princess Alice Retail Park.
· Gross Internal Area of 43,386 sq ft with 189 car parking spaces (ratio of 1:230 sq ft).
· Fully Let to HHGL Ltd (Homebase) with an unexpired term of 5.80 years.
· The lease contains a landlord development break option in March 2022.
· 2.9 acre site with strong alternative use potential for care home, residential or industrial uses.
· Total passing rent of £575,250 per annum reflecting £13.26 per sq ft.
· The property has planning permission for a DIY retail warehouse with garden centre and associated parking.