JLL reports exceptional second-quarter 2021 top and bottom-line results
Diluted earnings per share of $3.82, up from $0.29 last year; adjusted diluted earnings per share(1) of $4.20, up from $0.71
CHICAGO, August 4, 2021 — Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated (NYSE: JLL) today reported outstanding operating performance for the second quarter of 2021.
- Consolidated revenue of $4.5 billion and fee revenue1 of $1.8 billion, substantial increases of 18% and 41%, respectively
- Broad-based growth across all segments and service lines as many geographies continued to see macroeconomic recovery
- Leasing and Capital Markets strongly rebounded, nearly doubling prior-year fee revenue
- Outstanding margin performance highlighted by
- Substantial revenue growth, particularly in transaction-based service lines
- Higher equity earnings driven by JLL Technologies investments and LaSalle
- Share repurchases returned $100 million of capital to shareholders through July
"JLL delivered an exceptional second quarter led by a strong recovery in our transaction-based businesses," noted Christian Ulbrich, JLL CEO. "Continued investments in our platform, people and technology, coupled with financial discipline and strong operational execution, have been instrumental to our success. Given the strong momentum in the business, the successful integration of HFF and increased visibility into a post-pandemic future, we are increasing our 2021 Adjusted EBITDA margin target range to 16% to 19%."
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a leading professional services firm that specializes in real estate and investment management. JLL shapes the future of real estate for a better world by using the most advanced technology to create rewarding opportunities, amazing spaces and sustainable real estate solutions for our clients, our people and our communities. JLL is a Fortune 500 company with annual revenue of $16.6 billion in 2020, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of more than 92,000 as of June 30, 2021. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit jll.com.