Vietnam Property Market Brief 2Q22
A special quarterly property publication provides insights on the HCMC and Hanoi markets
July 07, 2022
- Trang Le
- Vietnam’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in 2Q22 increased by 7.72% y-o-y.
- In 2Q22, total retail sales of consumer goods and services were estimated at VND 1,395.1 trillion, increased 19.5% y-o-y.
- Total FDI registered in Vietnam in the first six months reached USD 14.03 billion, down 8.1% y-o-y.
- The average CPI in 2Q22 increased by 2.96% y-o-y.
- Export turnover in 2Q22 was estimated at USD 96.8 billion, up 21% y-o-y.
Ho Chi Minh City and Southern provinces
- Office: Strong demand recovers, particularly in the Grade B segment.
- Retail: Rents recovered to pre-pandemic levels.
- RBL: Primary selling prices continued to grow rapidly.
- Industrial: Land prices continued to rise, whilst RBF rents remained stable.
Hanoi and Northern provinces
- Office: Net effective rent increased sharply in the Grade A segment.
- Retail: Rents increased slightly in the non-CBD area and stabilised in the CBD area
- RBL: Demand concentrated on the neighbouring provinces. Primary prices continued to increase strongly.
- Industrial: The occupancy rate remained high. Land rental prices increased slightly.